One thing to always remember is to take advantage of SEO for Google Images. Just a few tips to take advantage of getting indexed in Google with your Images. (From Digital Point) Make sure you don’t miss out on the traffic image search can bring (if you post images on your blog or website) here are the factors you should take note of:
1. Text Surrounding Images – Note that the distance of the text from the image also counts so it makes sense to place the image as near as possible to the related text.
2. text of pages linking to the picture
3. the number of websites containing the same or similar image – This helps determine relevancy of image to the search term
4. size of image – Usually the image with higher resolution ranks better. Note though that users can filter search results by file size. The reasoning behind this may be more for the viewing pleasure since a higher resolution image looks better.
5. Image Resolution – Remember though that loading your page with lots of high resolution images may bog down your site causing it to have a longer loading time. Make sure you do not sacrifice usability and accessibility!
6. link relationships between images – Images that are linked together and have related associated text will help determine relevancy
7. frequency of image’s appearance in website – This pertains to logos and other recurring images. It helps determine importance and relevance of image to the website topic.
8. face and name detection – The more faces on an image the higher it is usually ranked. On the other hand if a specific name is queried then a single face with the person searched for will rank better.