One thing to always remember is to take advantage of SEO for Google Images. Just a few tips to take advantage of getting indexed in Google with your Images. (From Digital Point) Make sure you don’t miss out on the traffic image search can bring (if you post images on your blog or website) here are the factors you should take note of:
1. Text Surrounding Images – Note that the distance of the text from the image also counts so it makes sense to place the image as near as possible to the related text.
2. text of pages linking to the picture
3. the number of websites containing the same or similar image – This helps determine relevancy of image to the search term
4. size of image – Usually the image with higher resolution ranks better. Note though that users can filter search results by file size. The reasoning behind this may be more for the viewing pleasure since a higher resolution image looks better.
5. Image Resolution – Remember though that loading your page with lots of high resolution images may bog down your site causing it to have a longer loading time. Make sure you do not sacrifice usability and accessibility!
6. link relationships between images – Images that are linked together and have related associated text will help determine relevancy
7. frequency of image’s appearance in website – This pertains to logos and other recurring images. It helps determine importance and relevance of image to the website topic.
8. face and name detection – The more faces on an image the higher it is usually ranked. On the other hand if a specific name is queried then a single face with the person searched for will rank better.
Funny you should ask! I asked myself the same thing. Why? Well,I was curious as to when I should start posting cool stuff about St. Patrick’s day on my blog and Twitter feed. Anyways, St. Patrick’s Day 2014 is:
Thursday, March 17th 2014!
Well, not actually, but I find it interesting that my Adsense earnings have been going up because of this latest search trend of Kanye West and the Patrick Swayze funeral interruption spoof.
You see, years ago, as a joke, I started a blog of pure satire about Kanye West running for President in 2008. It is funny to see that my first post was from 2005. I think this was officially my first blog post ever. The great thing about Blogger is that you can add your Google Adsense code…and with that I always use channels to see where my Adsense revenue is coming from, and lately the revenue is coming from my Kanye West for president blog.
How funny that 4 years later the President of The United States would call Kanye a bad name :)
Just found out about a cool WordPress plugin that takes advantage of blog and RSS blog scrapers to build links to your site. The plugin you’ll want to snag is RSS Footer plugin from the great Joost de Valk. (If you don’t have atleast one plugin from Joost then you are missing the boat with WordPress SEO).
Our of the box the plugin works great, but Graywolf states that you need to do some tweaking to it to take advantage of the link building posibilities of your RSS feed. With it you can build links to other sections of your blog, or another website for that matter. Michael used this approach to get top-ranking for the terms [seo blog] and [seo consultant]. I’m personally going to target the phrase [sexiest man alive]. Wish me luck :)
Go ahead and read his great WordPress SEO: How to Use RSS and Scrapers to Build Links article and start having fun.
I am amazed at the trend data related to the Pittsburgh G20 Summit. Of course the search trend for the G20 is growing higher in Pittsburgh than any other city, but it is interesting to see that it is also growing (as of today) in the following 4 locations:
- Philadelphia, PA
- Reston, VA
- Washington, DC
- New York, NY
What this means is you will start to see an increase in indexing of pages related to the phrases Pittsburgh and the G20 summit in Pittsburgh. Usually at this time of year, Halloween costumes is all the rage, but this time around, the G20 Summit will be more popular than Halloween.
This gives all of you an opportunity to cash in on this trend before it is too late. Some keyphrases to focus on for your G20 summit postings are:
- G20 Protesters
- Pittsburgh G20
- G-20 In Pittsburgh
Check out a great new video talking about the g20 and the hidden gems of Pittsburgh.