It is amazing to see how much web design has changed over the past 20+ years. Looking at some of the old sites will make you want to puke.
1) MSN.com – Not really known for brand identity? Well, at least in this case. This screen shot is actually from 1996.
2) Apple.com – Aint actually too bad looking. This pre-dates the whole glassy looking style that Apples has been known for. Check out the HOT Mac Pro!
3) MTV.com – There is something modern about this crappy old design…could it be the Best Experienced with IE icon?
4) eBay.com – This is an old shot from 1996, which is actually missing the old logo. Still, pretty cool to see how primitive this site once was.
5) Microsoft.com – Goes to show you that their design skills haven’t changed much…they’ve just added blurry shadows and transparency.
6) Target.com – One of my favorite stores, known for cutting edge commercials had a cutting-cheese web site.
7) Yahoo.com – I love it that Google looks as simple as the original 1996 Yahoo.
8) Alexa.com – Wow, they were really on to something with this Internet technology.
9) Google.com – I’m feeling ugly! Pretty hot looking site..even for 1998
10) Google.com – One Month Later…much better looking. Nice blurry jpg logo btw: