I’ve got to tell you, I really dig the new Fountains of Wayne tune called Someone to Love. They’ve finally released a video for it…and it contains the super cool comic, Demetri Martin. I don’t usually plug music videos, but this tune sticks to my ribs.
Just a quick post to introduce a a new project of mine to blog about Lemon Laws. I actually know people who have been through the whole process of getting their car qualified as a lemon. Learning from them I decided to create a site devoted to Lemon Laws.
But I didn’t want to just leave it at that. I wanted to start from scratch with all of the techniques of properly “SEOing” a website. My check list is this:
- Use Word Press
- Write a blog post here to get things spidered
- Add Google Analytics code.
- Turn on Custom PermaLinks so that my URL’s contained the key phrases
- Modify the header.PHP file to swap the wording around to reflect the blog post
- Install the home page control plugin to maintain a static home page
- Add links relates to lemon law subjects
- Add the sitemap builder
- Add Adsense Injection to help me make some cash from this venture
- Wire an article about lemon laws and post it to ezinearticles.com with a link to this new site
I’ll let you know how the progress goes with my lemon law site. I know it sucks that I have it as a subdomain of a totally unrelated subject blog, but what the heck.
Let’s just throw that strangeness in to see how the search engine listings grow.
I know it has been a few days since Google Zeitgeist turned into Google Trends, but I just wanted to say a few words about it. First of all, why mess with a good thing? I used to love going to Zeitgeist to find the latest to blog about, even though the data was over a week old.
Google Hot trends on the other hand is automatically generated in real-time. With its geo-targeting, Hot Trends shows you the top-10 searches for the day in your part of the world. What I find amusing about this is that the majority of the top-10 Hot Trend items are usually obscure to me. Just look at today’s list:
1) dario franchitti <- Who?
2) indy 500 results <- Indy What?
3) ice princess <- Leave my ex-girlfriend out of this!
4) casey mears <- At bat? hmm.
5) ashley judd <- Sounds like country music to me.
10) cell phone subscribers in iraq and phone use has gone up 158% <- What the heck?
I find it hard to believe that this is a hot trend. Seems pretty unlikely that a phrase this long and this specific would be a top-10 Hot Trend. But I am not Google and I guess I’m not as important as Wikipedia…which seems to have a monopoly on Google search results.
I just found a really cool plugin for Windows Live Writer called WebSnapr URL Preview Imager. This little tool grabs a thumbnail images of a URL of choice. Pretty nifty and useful. Download a copy here:
This is all I have to say about the new Google Analytics Tool:
Adobe Flash…you’ve gotta love it.